Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Secular Reading Day by Day

Secular Daily Devotional

"Each entry is drawn from a different field of knowledge: History, Literature, Visual Arts, Science, Music, Philosophy, and Religion. Read one passage a day and you will explore each subject once a week."

I love daily activities , but rarely keep up with them.

On Day One you learn that "Several letters in modern-day English are direct descendants of ancient Egyptian characters. For instance, the letter B derives from the Egyptian character for the word house."

I'm not certain of a daily activity, but I expect that many of the facts will trigger some rather interesting writing prompts.

1 comment:

  1. I usually begin with enthusiasm, too. I gather this only comes in book form? I fear I'd start, but have one more partially read book on a shelf. Hope you quote a few particularly fascinating points here.

    ReplyDelete