Monday, July 11, 2011

Thinking Ahead!

I've just returned from playing golf and not only am I hot, sweaty, in need of liquid—but I'm also in a quirky mood.

I've never heard of this before, but someone might be interested in
The 3-Day Novel Writing Contest


"Can you produce a masterwork of fiction in a mere 72 hours? The International 3-Day Novel Contest is your chance to find out. The contest has run every Labour Day Weekend since 1977 and now attracts writers from all over the world. It's a thrill, a grind, and an awesome creative experience. How many crazed plotlines, coffee-stained pages, pangs of doubt and moments of genius will the next contest bring forth? And what might you think up under pressure?

The 34th Annual International 3-Day Novel Contest takes place Labour Day weekend, September 3-5, 2011. First prize is publication, 2nd is $500 and 3rd is $100. See the rules and about pages or contact us with questions."

1 comment:

  1. Heh. A "masterwork" of fiction? Couldn't even produce a mediocre novel in a year or ten, but a masterwork? Sunstroke or heatstroke, my dear. Lie down in a darkened room. I look forward to your masterwork. I bet you'll go for it.

    ReplyDelete